• Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope
• Reviews Contractor’s Baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly. Provides written detailed schedule review comments
• Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract. Reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones.
• Performs schedule Time Impact Analysis for any change orders that affect the construction schedule. Conducts schedule negotiations with the OAR and the contractor for any delay time settlements
• Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit
• Performs Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis
• Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress.
• Provides reports to the project OAR and upper management
Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings
• Performs Program Schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis
• Performs status updates for Program Schedules/Master Schedules on a bi-monthly basis
• Ensures proper use of Program-level standard codes, layouts and reports necessary to ensure data integrity
• Serves as a liaison between project teams, department leadership and the Program & Project Controls department
• Prepares reports as needed and directed by Management
• 8 years full time paid professional experience in Construction Scheduling for an owner or General Contractor, preferably in an educational facility or in public works projects
• Proficiency in Primavera P6 version 8.1 or above and MS Office Suite
• Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
• Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in any course, but with additional two (2) years of experience in Construction Scheduling to compensate for the required education.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume in PDF format. Place “Project Scheduler” in the subject line of your email.