Project Architect (All Levels) - Downtown Los Angeles
For 65 years, this architecture firm has been shaping environments and creating inspiring places through an idea driven, results-oriented approach to design.
Their team of architects, designers, planners and sustainability experts share the belief that design can create profound and unexpected connections between people and place. With a focus in education, residential, urban mixed-use, hospitality, civic, and commercial office projects, their full-service architecture firm creates environments that sculpt space to shape lives in subtle and empowering ways.
• Bring skill and innovation to design, production drawings, and construction documents for compliance with design intent, building systems, construction detailing and coordination with specifications.
• Keep records of design decisions pertaining to selection of materials, detailing methodology and maintain project manual.
• Conduct on-site observations, prepare observation reports, and project close-out efforts including punch list.
• Manage consultants, delegate work assignments and provide direction and guidance to junior staff.
• Attend internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
• May have direct relationship with client in scoping project, developing proposals, and other project needs related to the success of their project.
• Regularly meet with Principal-in-Charge and Project Manager to provide insight on project status and the project details that contribute to the project’s success.
• Represent the Firm by actively participating in external professional organizations, market-specific organizations and conferences, and social functions.
Minimum five to ten (5-10) years of experience in technical and design production.
• Ability to demonstrate full knowledge of industry practices and a proven track record of quality control on progressively more complex and diverse assignments.
• Experience in construction document preparation, knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
• Must have thorough understanding of construction administration requirements.
• Experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes and appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
• Solid judgment, based on precedent and policy, in the development of a recommended course of action.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as time management skills.
• Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills.
• Understanding of sustainable practices and industry standards.
• Proficiency in relevant computer software:
o Building Information Modeling: Revit 2016 or later
o Rendering: 3D Studio Max, Maxwell Render, Twinmotion, or Enscape
o Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino
o AutoCAD 2016 or later
o Microsoft Office
• A degree in Architecture, preferable at the graduate level, related field or equivalent experience required. LEED AP preferred, Architecture license required, California preferred.
• Current affiliation and/or membership in a local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus.