For 65 years, this architecture firm has been shaping environments and creating inspiring places through an idea driven, results-oriented approach to design.
Their team of architects, designers, planners and sustainability experts share the belief that design can create profound and unexpected connections between people and place. With a focus in education, residential, urban mixed-use, hospitality, civic, and commercial office projects, their full-service architecture firm creates environments that sculpt space to shape lives in subtle and empowering ways.
• Originate innovative solutions to complex design problems and guide project teams through the development and presentation of these ideas.
• Work simultaneously on multiple projects, including large, complex projects.
• Manage design staff, and coordinate with design consultants, to present and develop design intent through all phases while continually monitoring drawings throughout the process.
• Work closely with Project Architects to ensure that construction documents are consistent with design intent.
• Provide design guidance and oversight so that projects meet the Firm's design standards while protecting the Firm against errors and omissions liability.
• Confer with stakeholders and subconsultants on high-level design strategies to address client needs and budget.
• Manage established design budget regarding staffing and other resources.
• Sustain and raise the Firm's image as a design-driven firm.
• Serve as a resource across the organization by mentoring junior design staff, leading employee performance appraisals, and participating in candidate interviews.
• Stay abreast of design trends of specific project types and take initiative for providing continuing education opportunities for design staff.
• Represent the Firm by actively participating in external professional organizations and office social functions to attract talented design staff.
• Support the Firm’s marketing and business development activities, though involvement in community and civic organizations.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the design and documentation of projects, with a minimum of five (5) of those years as a Project Designer.
• A degree in Architecture, preferable at the graduate level.
License to practice architecture in California, LEED AP preferred.
• Portfolio with a minimum of 4-5 built projects, with experience in all phases of project delivery, from pre-design through construction administration.
• Diverse portfolio of project types, including multi-family housing and education sector work.
• Substantial experience in design development, architectural design, documentation and detailing on a wide variety of project types.
• Thorough understanding of site planning, building materials, detailing, construction techniques, engineering principles, building codes and construction costs.
• Experience dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes.
• Thorough understanding of sustainable practices and industry standards.
• Excellent graphic, verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficiency in relevant computer software:
o Building Information Modeling: Revit 2016 or later
o Rendering: 3D Studio Max, Maxwell Render, Twinmotion, or Enscape
o Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino
o AutoCAD 2016 or later
o Microsoft Office
• Commitment to design innovation and excellence.
• Independent, self-directed and self-motivated.
• Ability to motivate and effectively lead design staff.
• Highly organized.
• Values and personality compatible with the Firm’s culture.