Senior Interior Designer - New York SOHO & West Hollywood, California
International luxury design house are recruiting for a highly creative, dynamic, innovative, motivated, committed, all-around Senior Interior Designer to join our NY Soho studio & West Hollywood, California. The successful person will work on exclusive and luxury residential, hospitality and commercial projects.
The candidate will have strong conceptual and outstanding presentation skills, and good knowledge of space planning and interior architectural detailing. Candidates need to be able to work in an office that has a casual corporate culture with a collaborative team approach. Candidates will be completely familiar with the interior design process from pre-design through design development, material research and selection and bespoke FF&E, through VE process and construction administration and closeout phases.
The candidate should be a US national or have a current work visa for the US.
Education and Experience:
You must have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, with minimum 8 years’ post-graduate experience.
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will have proven experience of having successfully led a design team and project(s) from inception to completion, whilst also demonstrating exceptional design skills. Furthermore, you will be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
• Completion of at least 2 high end large scale luxury residential or luxury hotel projects in the US from beginning to end
• Ability to create and develop conceptual designs
• Advanced skills in PhotoShop, InDesign and freehand sketching; Sketch Up is a plus
• Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
• Experience in drawing custom furniture via hand sketch and/or AutoCAD
• Experience in Studio software (FF&E procurement program) or similar
• Good knowledge of US building & ADA codes; and hospitality & commercial grade material requirements pertaining to fabrics and finishes
• Self-motivated and good team player able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
• Self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback
• Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
• Solid network of NYC and European high end/luxury product vendors
• Fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes, and project schedules: plumbing fixture, finish, lighting, door hardware, etc.
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Managing projects efficiently, within schedule, budget and client and/or brand parameters
• Managing and briefing design team on live projects
• Mentoring junior and intermediate designers
• Managing the procurement of FF&E products
• Building and growing existing client relationships
• Working closely with the directors, you will be expected to be proactive and use your initiative on following up on new business opportunities
Role offers Health Cover, 15 days vacation excluding usual public holiday, plus 1 extra day for birthdays. Also the Employee will be entitled to paid vacation for any working days between Christmas and New Year.