For 65 years, this architecture firm has been shaping environments and creating inspiring places through an idea driven, results-oriented approach to design.
Their team of architects, designers, planners and sustainability experts share the belief that design can create profound and unexpected connections between people and place. With a focus in education, residential, urban mixed-use, hospitality, civic, and commercial office projects, their full-service architecture firm creates environments that sculpt space to shape lives in subtle and empowering ways.
• Manage feasibility studies, schematic designs, working drawings and project manual/ specifications production for projects.
• With guidance from Project Managers, Project Designers or Project Architects, can develop all phases of project while following design intent.
• Provide strong technical detailing skills in a variety of construction materials and building types.
• Coordinate information and work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the development and contract document phases of a project.
• Manage consultants, delegate work assignments and provide direction and guidance to junior staff.
• Attend internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
• Assist in design development and details, programming, specifications, site planning and construction administration on a number of building and construction types.
• Regularly meet with Principal-in-Charge and Project Manager to provide insight on project status and the project details that contribute to the project’s success.
• Represent the Firm by actively participating in external professional organizations and social functions.
• Minimum five to eight (5-8) years of experience in technical and design production.
• Ability to demonstrate full knowledge of industry practices and a proven track record of quality control on progressively more complex and diverse assignments.
• Experience in construction document preparation and field observation, knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
• Must have thorough understanding of construction administration requirements.
• Experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes and appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
• Solid judgment, based on precedent and policy, in the development of a recommended course of action.
• Excellent verbal and written communication as well as time management skills.
• Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills.
• Understanding of sustainable practices and industry standards.
• Proficiency in relevant computer software:
o Building Information Modeling: Revit 2016 or later
o Rendering: 3D Studio Max, Maxwell Render, Twinmotion, or Enscape
o Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino
o AutoCAD 2016 or later
o Microsoft Office
• A degree in Architecture, preferable at the graduate level, related field or equivalent experience required. LEED AP preferred.
• Current affiliation and/or membership in a local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus.