For 65 years, this architecture firm has been shaping environments and creating inspiring places through an idea driven, results-oriented approach to design.
Their team of architects, designers, planners and sustainability experts share the belief that design can create profound and unexpected connections between people and place. With a focus in education, residential, urban mixed-use, hospitality, civic, and commercial office projects, their full-service architecture firm creates environments that sculpt space to shape lives in subtle and empowering ways.
• Review and discuss project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures with Principal-in-Charge or Project Manager.
• Manage feasibility studies, schematic designs, working drawings and project manual/ specifications production for medium and large projects or projects with multiple packages.
• Develop design and technical documents in all phases of project while following design intent.
• Provide strong technical detailing skills in a variety of construction materials and building types.
• Coordinate information and work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the development and contract document phases of a project.
• Manage large number of consultants, delegate work assignments and provide direction and guidance to large number of junior staff.
• Proactive participation in internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
• Support Project Managers in developing proposals, budgets, work plans, schedules and bidding and construction administration services for medium to large size projects.
• Represent the Firm by actively participating in external professional organizations and social functions.
• Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in the design and documentation of projects, with a minimum of five of those years as a Job Captain.
• Full knowledge of industry practices and a proven track record of progressively more complex and diverse assignments.
• Thorough understanding of structural, mechanical, civil, landscape, and electrical requirements, consultant services provided and how they contribute to the scope of work.
• Thorough understanding of construction administration requirements.
• Substantial experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes and appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
• Solid judgment, based on precedent and policy, in the development of a recommended course of action.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as time management skills.
• Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills.
• Understanding of sustainable practices and industry standards.
• Proficiency in relevant computer software:
o Building Information Modeling: Revit 2016 or later
o Rendering: 3D Studio Max, Maxwell Render, Twinmotion, or Enscape
o Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino
o AutoCAD 2016 or later
o Microsoft Office
• A degree in Architecture, preferable at the graduate level, related field or equivalent experience required. LEED AP preferred.
• Current affiliation and/or membership in a local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus.