With offices throughout California and New York, this architecture and interior design firm has designed creative offices for clients including Disney, Sony, Dreamworks, and HBO. Currently, they are seeking both an Interior Designer to work on corporate interiors and tenant improvement projects in both their Culver City and Irvine office in California. The firm is growing rapidly and is seeking several talented designers to join their collaborative studio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Follow and create conceptual design concepts, final design concepts, construction documents and construction administration through the course of projects under the direction of the Job Captain or Project Manager
• Transform initial rough designs by Job Captain or Project Manager into working documents using current technologies as needed
• Consult and support other employees and clients or consultants on the development of plans and specifications
• Fully proficient with AutoCAD drafting. Thorough knowledge of firm wide CAD and drafting standards. Proficient with Photoshop and PowerPoint, Microsoft Office
• May prepare finish boards
• Ability to space plan from program and meet programming requirements
• Capable of developing a program for design and translating to space plan
• Capable of developing pricing plans to establish project budget
• Coordinates with team to meet Code and Zoning requirements
• ADA Code knowledge and ability to complete ADA Survey
• Understands how to calculate square footage RSF & USF per BOMA
• Understands the plan check process and has basic knowledge of submittal process; coordinates with Designer II and Job Captain for review of finish submittals and millwork shop drawings
• Proficiency with Revit
• Develop 3D models or design concepts
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to eight years progressive relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3-5 years of experience in corporate interiors preferred
• Computer skills should include Revit, AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp, 3ds Max is a plus
This position requires up to 25% local travel. Limited travel may include attending meetings and work sessions in other Company Offices, Client Offices, or Job Site. Mileage will be reimbursed at predetermined market rate. Individual must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and have reliable transportation.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.