Job Captain (Interiors) - Irvine & Culver City Office
The Job Captain I will work closely with internal and extended project team and be responsible for completing sets of project contract documents, including construction drawings, component and equipment schedules, and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Providing project team coordination for the finished plans, specification, and material selections required for construction
• Coordinate work with other disciplines and consultants to meet overall project objectives
• Preparing and ensuring accuracy of technical documents
• Accurately estimate fees, determines scope of work and prepares project-based work authorizations for review with PM
• Review code requirements and city requirements for each project and coordinate with PM and Designer to implement/ meet requirements
• Has knowledge of exiting and ADA codes
• Working knowledge of navigating through the city
• Responsible to fully research and coordinate, document and submit all plan check corrections with applicable city agencies and engineers
• Responsible to fully research and coordinate requirements of vendors such as A/V, cabling and security and correctly document required infrastructure in CDs
• Responsible to fully address construction issues in field and provide appropriate direction to GC/Subs
• Diverse knowledge of architectural principals and practice, uses advanced techniques and has responsibilities for finished plans, specifications and material approval(CS)
• Can space plan (in front of a client) up to 5,000 sq ft
• Can communicate effectively with clients
• Participating in the construction administration of project assignments, including quality control
• Working with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objective
independently regarding architectural /design methods
• Supervision and guidance mainly concern overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters
• Supervise /mentor a small staff of drafters/designers on a project basis.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to eight years progressive relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of experience in corporate interiors preferred
• Computer skills should include Revit, AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp, 3ds Max is a plus
This position requires up to 25% local travel. Limited travel may include attending meetings and work sessions in other Company Offices, Client Offices, or Job Site. Mileage will be reimbursed at predetermined market rate. Individual must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and have reliable transportation.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.